- Carefully separate eggs, put yolks and whites in separate large bowls.
- Add ALL ingredients except whites to the yolks bowl. Beat well until fully combined.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff (not dry) peaks form.
- Fold whites into rest of batter completely but leaving it somewhat fluffy.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper. I used a large 10x5x3 bread pan. If you use a smaller size, you’ll need to reduce baking time accordingly! (Plus you’ll have enough batter for extra cupcakes.)
- Pour in batter and smooth top
Optional: Sprinkle top with tsp Pumpkin Spice Mix and 2 T Pumpkin Seeds.
- Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes, until a knife in the center comes out clean and there’s no obvious wetness.
- Let cool at room temperature and store in the fridge.
*For Cupcakes: Fill 12-15 silicone cupcake holders, or use parchment or paper liners in a metal tin. Bake 35ish minutes instead.
This bread should be eaten room temperature or warm, it’s far better when not cold!
Bonus suggestion: If you put a slice in the microwave with a pat of butter on top and cook it for a minute, it turns into a sort of a custard. Thank Dr. Ken Berry for this happy discovery.
By the way, if you want this to be more of a “cake” just bake in a cake pan!